View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013, 09:57 PM   #48
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Default Re: SUPER UBER SPOILERMANIA: The Ending... What Does It Mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
If there's nothing surprising about it, why would the audience be guessing if he was alive or not? If anything the ending that was leaves people guessing far more because the question of how Loki came to sit on the throne as Odin is far more complex than the "yes/no" question of whether he's alive.

I don't follow how it has a point to leave the audience guessing but to leave the audience guessing on a more complex issue is completely pointless.
Because they've done it at the expense of other areas of the movie, like what the hell happened to Heimdall for instance? Frankly, Loki being dead or not is something that really needed to be addressed because there was a sense of closure already. There's nothing complex about him sitting on a throne, in fact it makes the entire scene with Thor grieving over him redundant. Gone is the possibility that he might come back, that answer was given to us already. Ultimately it's like nothing has changed for the series.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
jmc is offline   Reply With Quote