View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013, 08:50 AM   #25
CosmicPinchy
Rock Lobster

Default Re: What did you like about T:TDW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
I like the Thor movies but all the talk about Loki being great is annoying, the character is simply nothing special and his motivations to becoming "evil" were never well explained or made that much of a sence.
Sure they did. He was treated differently his entire life because Thor was everything an Asgardian should be (strong, courageous, virtuous, etc), whereas Loki was the opposite (brains over brawn, sneaky, dishonest, etc). He was always the second brother, the least favorite and the least loved by Odin. When he found out about being a Frost Giant and Odin's motivations for taking him, it caused something to snap. He hated Odin for what he did and for favoring Thor. Keep in mind, Loki doesn't see what he does as evil at all. I read that in T:TDW, he calls Frigga out on Odin and Thor's actions of killing beings (Frost Giants and others) for the greater good and that's what he himself thought he was doing. Loki sees his own actions as justifiable.

I'm guessing you don't like Loki because everyone talks about him and so you see him as not that great because you're annoyed with the attention he gets. That doesn't mean his character isn't special.

CosmicPinchy is offline   Reply With Quote