View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013, 11:46 AM   #8
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Default Re: MCU: Your Thoughts About The Infinity Stones (SPOILERS INSIDE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I think the Aether is the power stone. I want to say the Tesseract is space, because of all of the portal opening and transporting it has done. But that wouldn't explain Loki controlling Hawkeye and others...perhaps the staff is already designed for mental control, with the power of the cube activating it. Like the Skull and SHIELD using the cube to make weapons with different capabilities than Loki's spear, it can be used to power a wide array of things. But that's with modification and tech. Without all of that, the cube's natural ability is to open portals, which is why I'm thinking space. I'd imagine the grip of the mind stone to be stronger than Loki's spear. Certainly strong enough to withstand a good head bump on a hard surface.
I think the specializations for each stone may be one of those things that Joss is allowing to "fall by the wayside."

I'm not saying for sure one way or the other at this point. But the stones may just be generic "unlimited energy" and with all 6 one has the power to alter any of those six things (mind, reality, etc.)