View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 12:44 AM   #25
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: MCU: Your Thoughts About The Infinity Stones (SPOILERS INSIDE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nola.FX View Post
Given the information out in the wild, I'd suggest the following..call me crazy but..
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
The Tesseract is indeed the Power Stone, as it's been mentioned numerous times to have limitless power.

The Stone in Loki's Sceptar/Staff is the Mind Stone, confirmed everywhere.

The Aether is undoubtedly the Reality Stone, as Jane Foster says something to the affect that " the fabric of reality being torn apart."

The stone featured in GotG, will probably be the Space Stone.

That all being said, that leaves us with 2 remaining stones.
I agree with the theory that the Eye of Amagotto will be a stone, almost certainly the Soul Stone.

NOW, for the crazy theory involving the final stone. the Time Stone will be introduced in the Age of Ultron..How? By having Scarlet Witch find the Time Stone, somewhere on Earth, which they use to take a note from the AoU Comic & kill Ultrons creator, Tony Stark. Go back in time to the surgery to remove his Arc Reactor in China, have some complications, BAM, gone.. This will explain the absence of Tony in phase 3, & possibly beyond. Once all the Stones are reunited, or at least the Reality Stone, to bring Tony back for the third Avengers film.
Interesting take, but I don't think we can separate the Tesseract from the "Gem" that powered Loki's Scepter. Nick Fury said, and Kevin Feige confirmed, that the Tesseract powered the Spear, so the Tesseract *is* the Infinity Stone. And that also jibes with something mentioned in TDW about there being *two* Stones in Asgard, at least temporarily.

Having the Time Gem/Stone show up in AOU is an interesting take, and I'm not entirely sure that the "Age" of Ultron isn't a deliberate hint about that story taking place in an alternate timeline or two, or three. But I also think that Winter Soldier might be a good place for that particular Stone to show up, since that movie deals quite a bit with the past converging violently with the present.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote