View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 07:15 AM   #56
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Default Re: What didn't you like about T:TDW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I seriously wonder whats in store for Cap 2 and GOTG.

If I remembered correctly the directors of Cap 2 directed a comedy-flick before and some users are already labeling GOTG as a comedy-sci-fi flick.
I expect them both to be full on comedies. GotG however is a more honest one, becuase it basically should be very comedic and the SDCC footage didn't hide it.

Cap 2 will most definitely be a full on comedy. The difference here though is that they will market it as a grand, intensive film with an awesome threat, whereas in reality whatever little threat or drama there is will be overshadowed by tons of silliness. That's how they've marketed the two latest films so I have no doubt in my mind that that's the case for Cap as well.

And before someone accuses me of being a "Nolan fanboy" or whatever, I actually love me some comedy and I think films like Iron Man are perfectly balanced. I just don't see any good story telling in having comic relief in every single scene.

Seriously, I think the marketing Marvel Studios is going for with these movies are as dishonest as the marketing was for Spider-Man 3, except Spider-Man 3 was much crappier.

"it's ****ing terrible. it's twilight ********."
-Levitikuz' friend, as told to Levitikuz' friend's date, about TASM.
Oscorp is offline   Reply With Quote