View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 08:37 AM   #14
Batmannerism
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor (from TDW) vs Superman (from MOS) who wins in a fight, and why ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shallbecomeabat View Post
I think comic Superman vs comic Thor would be closer and a messy fight, but comparing the movie versions makes it pretty easy for Clark. I mean, just comparing feats... Clark is a badass in MoS. I would even argue he could take out the Avengers on his own, because even Hulk hasn't showed anything on Clarks level in the movies.

Oh-ho ! That's a big call dude.

I think Clark vs the entire Avengers (well, Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, and maybe Captain America) would be interesting !

Hulk could certainly tie Clark up (grapple with him) and be a distraction while Iron man and Thor attack him. I suppose it depends how ruthless Clark was being, or how well he uses his powers. Fast as the hulk is, Clark is many, many times faster.

I sort of see the Hulk as comparable to the giant Kryptonian, in the Smallville battle. Now the Hulk did stop that huge alien spacecraft all by himself (in Avengers) so I think you might be underestimating his power -and also the fact that he gets stronger as he gets angrier.
Clark's other advantage over Hulk of course is flight, which he demonstrated when he lifted the giant up (in MOS) and punched him into the railroad yard.

Thor of course, is a more skilful fighter than Clark, and has a magic weapon, which would probably actually hurt him.

Iron man would get taken down pretty easily, Clark would open him like a tin of beans, but Thor and Hulk could really do some damage. It would take some creative use of Super-speed and Strength to take them out.

However, I believe the turning point would be if Clark managed to catch Mjolnir, as he should be worthy enough to lift it -which kind of negates a lot of Thor's striking power. So I could see Clark hitting the Hulk with Mjolnir, which would probably knock him to the moon, or at least to the Mid-west (assuming they fight on the East coast, probably NYC),
so Hulk would wake up somewhere in Wisconsin).

Sure Clark could take any of them one-on-one (even the Hulk) but as a team, I think the Avengers could keep him off balance.

Regardless, I think it would be a massively entertaining sequence.

Thanks for your post dude.

Batmannerism is offline   Reply With Quote