View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 07:58 AM   #60
Oscorp
I hate you...so much!

Default Re: What didn't you like about T:TDW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
If you think that a film can be funny and have a great story I don't see why you think the humor in TDW is tied to it not having a good story in your opinion. It sounds very implausible that they went "this story isn't very good, let's make it funny". Logic rather says that they intended to make a movie with lots of action and humor from the start.

I can agree that it could have been better without some of the Darcy things (I'm certainly not arguing that the movie doesn't have flaws). The difference is that I'm not bothered more by that than other things like I wrote in my previous post.
It's about the amount of it, not the humour per se. Had they cut out most of the Selvig and Darcy stuff and some other unnecessary things and instead given some screen time to the villain and Sif for example, the film would still be fun but make more of a positive impact to me.

The bolded part is exactly what I feel about this film, whether that was their intention or not isn't relevant to me. Story felt like an afterthought.