View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 08:40 AM   #65
Oscorp
I hate you...so much!

Default Re: What didn't you like about T:TDW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
I couldnt agree more with this post. When I came out of the movie all I could remember was comedy and action, and it wasnt a good feeling. These movies need more emotional weight to be truly memorable and they arent getting it at the moment, apart from one or two scenes. Again I dont want movies devoid of comedy, Iron Man 1 and Thor 1 seemed to strike a great balance, but these phase 2 movies are just taking it too far.

Emotional moments are what makes movies re-watchable as well, comedy can get old when you watch a movie a few times, but emotion and drama stays there each time you watch the movie whether its once or a hundred times.
A film this year that truly got it right for me was The Wolverine! I was so happily surprised by that film! It had plenty of humor in it, but they never overdid it. They managed to keep the film very personal, making you actually care for and care about the characters. It had humour, but it also had a great sense of emotional drama. Characters that actually felt affected by what's going on. It felt like such a great character film, which is why it's one of my favourite CBMs.

I agree about your last sentence as well, though the comedy in Dumb and Dumber never gets old!