View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 08:47 AM   #67
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Default Re: What didn't you like about T:TDW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
A film this year that truly got it right for me was The Wolverine! I was so happily surprised by that film! It had plenty of humor in it, but they never overdid it. They managed to keep the film very personal, making you actually care for and care about the characters. It had humour, but it also had a great sense of emotional drama. Characters that actually felt affected by what's going on. It felt like such a great character film, which is why it's one of my favourite CBMs.
I did like TW, and, this is a rarity BTW, only got to see it once at the cinema, but I really enjoyed, and think that movie will definitely get better with repeat viewings. As of right now MOS is my favourite CBM of the year, but after a few more re-watched of both it wouldnt surprise me if TW overtook MOS as my number 1.

And yeah, it did get the balance right, pretty much perfect in fact, there were humerous moments, some even made me LOL, but they never undercut the drama and things were always aloud to breathe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
I agree about your last sentence as well, though the comedy in Dumb and Dumber never gets old!
True but D&D is a comedy made for laughs, if I am in the mood for laughs I would but a movie such as that on. When I put a CBM on I expect a bit more drama and emotion, and not so much comedy, especially in important moments. And to be honest I watch CBM's more than I do comedies, including ones I own.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote