View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 01:29 PM   #74
Godzilla2000
A Healthy Addiction

Default Re: What didn't you like about T:TDW?

This movie hasn't opened here in the U.S. yet but it seems the major complaint is the humor that is kind of flat. I was hoping for an epic experience but it seems like Disney/Marvel will be giving me another mediocre experience? I have to confess that what I'm reading in here does not instill me with confidence. I was a bit disappointed with Ironman 3 in that we did not see Ironman all that much in sort of the same way I was disappointed with Venom in Spidey 3. Would it really kill Disney/Marvel to make strictly serious, dramatic superhero movies that had a normal level of levity in them where you 100% believed everyone was in danger and that death of a character's physical body might be a permanent thing as well as not making characters out to be cheesy caricatures? It looks like I may be looking more forward to the second Hobbit movie and the powerful high stakes drama of the next X-Men movie. Disney/Marvel needs to stop smoking whatever happy weed they're smoking and get serious, start giving a picky moviegoer like me some high stakes drama or my interest will start waning for their product.

- It's not your exterior that should be the litmus test of your value but what's inside your heart.

"One loyal friend is worth 10 thousand relatives." - Euripides
Godzilla2000 is offline   Reply With Quote