View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 01:48 PM   #78
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Default Re: What didn't you like about T:TDW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
This movie hasn't opened here in the U.S. yet but it seems the major complaint is the humor that is kind of flat. I was hoping for an epic experience but it seems like Disney/Marvel will be giving me another mediocre experience? I have to confess that what I'm reading in here does not instill me with confidence. I was a bit disappointed with Ironman 3 in that we did not see Ironman all that much in sort of the same way I was disappointed with Venom in Spidey 3. Would it really kill Disney/Marvel to make strictly serious, dramatic superhero movies that had a normal level of levity in them where you 100% believed everyone was in danger and that death of a character's physical body might be a permanent thing as well as not making characters out to be cheesy caricatures? It looks like I may be looking more forward to the second Hobbit movie and the powerful high stakes drama of the next X-Men movie. Disney/Marvel needs to stop smoking whatever happy weed they're smoking and get serious, start giving a picky moviegoer like me some high stakes drama or my interest will start waning for their product.
I wouldn't say the jokes themselves are flat, they're actually funny. The problem for me is that there is so much of it that it overshadows pretty much everything else.

I completely agree with your post though, especially the bolded part. There is no sense of things being at stake even though the villain wants to basically turn the whole universe dark. It's a huge danger, yet you never really feel that danger because everything is so "Disney-fied".

Regarding your worry about the hero not being there enough, I'd definitely say Thor has good screen time, no problem there.

It's still an enjoyable movie though, but that's pretty much it. I'll buy it whenever it comes out on Blu-Ray, and hopefully my mind will change. This film had so much potential.

"it's ****ing terrible. it's twilight ********."
-Levitikuz' friend, as told to Levitikuz' friend's date, about TASM.
Oscorp is offline   Reply With Quote