View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 07:04 PM   #14
Batmannerism
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor (from TDW) vs Superman (from MOS) who wins in a fight, and why ?

Come on Thor fans, you can do better than this. I haven't heard anything
yet that makes me go, "Oh, yeah, I can see that, maybe Thor would win."

Dudes, as far as made up universes go....well we are all on a forum
called Superhero hype, so you just have to suspend disbelief.

I do like the point that perhaps the two comic book universes do
seem to have particular unwritten rules - not so sure if I agree with the flying one, there are plenty of Marvel characters who can fly...because they can fly, but the invulnerability thing I can sort of see.

Once upon a time death was much more permanent in the DC universe ( I'm thinking of the Flash, who died in 1985, and took 23 years to be resurrected, Superman doesn't count, because the moment he died, we all knew he was coming back), personally, I think they should have
let Barry stay dead, but used the loophole to allow him to make periodic appearances (you know, that as he ran around the Anti-monitor's universe destroyer, to keep the antimatter inside, he travelled in and out of time).

I think Marvel broke the death barrier first when they resurrected Jean Gray. The dark phoenix saga was such a classic Xmen tale, and they undid it all by bringing Jean back - sure there was a somewhat plausible explanation, but her death was so significant (and well written) and it had lasting effects on all the X-characters, particularly Cyclops and Wolverine.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. Raise your game Thor fans, assume that Supes and Thor slug it out, with their powers exactly as depicted in their films. Who wins. I know that on the face of it, or prima facie -to be fancy - the Thor fans have a tougher job, because Superman is more physically powerful and faster, but get creative.

I'm a Super-fan, but I'm happy to admit that it's possible Thor could defeat Superman, depending on the circumstances.

Go for it ! Time to Drop the Hammer !

(I hope that means the same thing in the rest of the world as it does down here in NZ, where it pretty much means to give it all you've got).

BTW, again Thor TDW was awesome. Cheers.

Batmannerism is offline   Reply With Quote