View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 07:51 PM   #5
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
It doesn't change that with the kind of pseudo-analysis you're making it's just pubertal thinking.

Nice try, talking about something else than what I wrote.

You're free to bring up those things for discussion though. It would be more rewarding than your little attempts at trying to come off superior.
I talk about the excess characters, inconsistent tone and poor world-building in my review, and the misuse of humour and surplus of failed jokes was only one paragraph, I think. We're discussing the jokes more because it's a point I made that other people in the thread were already discussing extensively, so it was picked up on.

As for trying to come off as superior... you misunderstand completely. I don't consider myself superior because I myself found those jokes funny when I was in the target age group (males aged 6-20, approximately). It 's not superiority, it's about being in a different life stage, and therefore the jokes don't resonate with me as much since I'm 29. Being 29 is not superior to being 14, it's different.

I explicitly acknowledged that the fact this movie does appeal to a demographic group (pre-teen and teenage boys) does make it a good movie, in and of itself, because you can't appeal to everybody and appealing to just one core group is a success. However, since I'm not part of that demographic group, I don't like it.