View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 08:29 PM   #31
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
Anyway, since you don't want to talk about the humour in the film, I'll bring up something else from my review.

1) I knew that Loki's betrayal of Thor was an act on the spot, and I don't normally catch plot twists that well. Is that not bad?
2) How does crazy scientist streaking naked outside stonehenge advance the plot? Let's leave aside the question of whether or not it's funny.
3) At the end of the movie, we learn that Thor's father Odin is missing, and I have no idea what happened. It's effectively an after-the-credits scene done before the credits, for a total of three after-the-credits scene... can Marvel please take a break and focus on telling one story at a time? There was a huge focus on mythology building in this movie, to benefit other movies, but what about benefiting this movie? Why not have more dialogue among the dark elves?
1. It wasn't for me since I don't know if Loki betraying Thor is much of a plot twist. That's what Loki does. The thing is how and when is he going to do it, and what will come of it? I find it's about the journey, just as it is with that the hero generally always wins at the end.

2. It establishes that Selvig has gone crazy. I don't know if every scene has to advance the plot though. The funeral didn't further the plot, but it's a scene I definitely want to see because it of course brings a lot of other things.

3. I think the story of this movie was already over so it's just setting up a cliffhanger. I see nothing wrong with that as it doesn't break anything nor have any character act against who he is. As for the dark elves I certainly wouldn't have minded more with them. I'm very interested in seeing the cut scene where Bor kills Malekith's family, for example. I still think they worked though, kind of like Vader and the Empire in A New Hope, but more could have been even better.