View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 09:56 PM   #47
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
I was thinking about other stuff while writing so I kind if answered something else than you asked about, sorry about that. I also felt that it was clear that he wasn't actually betraying Thor. For my part I guess the movie didn't even have a chance since people have discussed what might happen ever since some shots from that were released in promos. I didn't find the scene bad for it, but if there was a way to fool me first that's of course optimal. I don't know how that would be done as it's obvious that Loki truly wants revenge, but there might be some way.
I made a conscious effort to avoid the spoilers and previews for this movie. As a general point I think the previews for some comic book movies are too spoilery, I can't speak for the thor 2 previews since I deliberately avoided most of them :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
I don't think it advances the plot (it's in the same place before and after) but the rest we agree on as that's what I was referring to. It enhances many themes and emotions, and it shows that Asgard was really hurt by the attack. That's why I said that I don't feel a scene needs to advance the plot as there's more things that needs to be done in a movie. As for Selvig he's been a larger character than Frigga in the MCU. He's been in three movies. I'd remove Darcy before him.
I think building up Asgard as a society and building a sense of place advances the plot. It helps immerse me (presumably others too) in the movie, in the world. Maybe I'm not using the word plot correctly, but for me proper world building is advancing the plot.

We can argue that maybe Selvig advances the plot of the MCU as a whole, but he doesn't advance the plot of Thor 2. IMO, the latter is more important.