View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 01:59 AM   #95
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
Honestly, you really should stay away from this thread prior to watching the movie.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
He has somewhat of an arc. He goes from being a protector of Asgard who has ignored Jane for two years because he was busy fighting a lot of wars, to deciding to leave Asgard to go live on Earth with Jane at the end of the movie (in an after-the-credits scene). That is point A and point B. However, given that this is the arc, it makes little sense that point B would be after the credits, it's in fact the second after the credits scene. Also, it's point A and point B without much of a satisfying tether between the two in my opinion. He does lose a tether to Asgard since his mother dies. We also see that he has no attraction to Sif.
Well, I pretty much have a good idea on what happens in the film from Point a to Point B....though, I'm surprised to hear that..

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
your impression was that thor going back to Earth in the last post credits scene was that he went there to live with Jane as opposed to just visiting her again since a lot of other people said that the scene just came off with him just visiting her...though with the given scene of Thor being in Earth clothes having been deleted from the film, maybe he did go to live there for awhile?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I already brought this up in my review. In the first Thor movie, I felt like it was his journey from being a boy to a man. But in this 2nd Thor movie, I don't know what to say.

And I don't feel any huge connection between Thor/Jane in this movie unlike in the first one. Thor and Jane probably wouldn't have seen each other if it wasn't for that red smoke.
From what I've heard as well, it seems like Earth wouldn't have seen Thor if it weren't for that Red Smoke as well, meaning that Thor would have missed out in the battle that the rest of the Earth Bound Avengers will have with Ultron within the near future.