View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 02:41 AM   #104
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post

Why is it that the humour in T:TDW succeeds in covering up for the film's failures, but the action shots in MoS do not succeed in covering up for that film's failure? We agree on many of the film's problems, yet it right now has an 83% critical rating and 88% audience rating on RT. As far as general reactions go, T:TDW is a much better movie. Is it that the underlying story is only nearly as bad and not as bad, or that the humour in T:TDW is better than the action in MoS?

Also, you're being kinder than I am, this is what I wrote on my review:

Thor 2: The Dark World is what one would get if Man of Steel and Chronicles of Riddick got together, ****ed, and then somehow made a baby that managed so synthesise the worst of both of them and none of the good.
I'm probably kinder because for the most part the film is far more ambitious than the previous movie, I can appreciate it more, and for the most part it was enjoyable. There's a lot I do like, especially aesthetically. As for MoS it was a case of overload, on top of that the film takes it self too seriously, had it been a bit more lighthearted then I dare say reaction to it would have been kinder and its flaws far more forgiving.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.