View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 03:17 AM   #111
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Default Re: What didn't you like about T:TDW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I'm sure no one expected Marvel to deviate from their brand. After the Phase 1 Movies, everyone had a good idea what the tone of their Movies was like. But with Phase 2, they clearly shifted towards even more humor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Lets see, the creepy narration from both Malekith and Odin, all the freaky imagery, the epic yet ominous music, etc. Yeah, this movie wasn't that. I have no problem with comedy, they struck a great balance in their Phase One movies. In Phase Two, they're starting to overuse the comedy and it's intruding on the narrative and killing tension in scenes that should be serious.
Exactly! Some comedy was obviously expected. But there HAS been a change in Phase II, there is a bigger amount of jokes and comic relief in them now. At the same time, the trailers were very obviously intended to market a movie that would be bigger and more intense with lots of drama. To just say "What the hell did you expect!?" is just dumb IMO.

Also, since there obviously has been a change in Phase II, we who liked the Phase I films have every right to criticise Marvel Studios for going this direction. I am a Marvel fan, that doesn't mean I have to love everything they do. That's also why I am so disappointed, I think Marvel films could have great emotional weight, drama etc. while having a good amount of comedy. Not just being dumbed down to "funny" films.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
I was thinking about this but is it accurate to say while the jokes might be funny they take you out of the mood of the movie? Is this what you're saying?
As you know, there are varied opinions about this, but for me it's a definite yes to this question.

"it's ****ing terrible. it's twilight ********."
-Levitikuz' friend, as told to Levitikuz' friend's date, about TASM.
Oscorp is offline   Reply With Quote