View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 04:26 AM   #44
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor (from TDW) vs Superman (from MOS) who wins in a fight, and why ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by divan View Post
Yeah but, from what i understood, Jor-El implied that Earth's younger, more energetic sun and more nutritive atmosphere were the cause of Superman's powers.

I'm not saying he loses them the very moment he abandons said atmosphere (otherwise he wouldn't be able to fight in space), but I thought Jor-El implied that, if you take Earth away, you slowly take away Supes powers.

I may have understood that wrong, though.
The way I took it, the Earth's atmosphere was perfect for building up the super being of Clark. It made the yellow's sun energy all the more potent as he grew up. But he had to adjust to it first. As Martha mentions, he was a very sick baby, she worried about him. But as his body became more accustomed, it proved a benefit.

In MoS, it seems anything Kryptonian can do damage to Clark. But if the atmosphere was the "source" of his power, I don't think the other Kryptonians could do what they do (remember, they wear breathers until Zod drops his and they go about wrecking everything) nor would Clark retain his abilities the closer he got to the end of Earth's atmosphere.