View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 05:57 AM   #48
Batmannerism
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor (from TDW) vs Superman (from MOS) who wins in a fight, and why ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
There's nothing to suggest that he could in the film verse, es he's done it in the comics but if he did it in this battle what would be the point of this battle?

That's sort of a cop out to use someone else's weapon, otherwise why not make it Thor vs Thor? I say just stick to what makes each of these guys who they are for this debate.

Dude, I don't see it as a cop out.

Being able to lift mjolnir is a biggie. Thor is a cunning warrior and has used Mjolnir's worthiness requirement to help him tackle both Loki and the Hulk, neither could lift the hammer. If Supes could not lift Mjolnir that might be a game changer - any opponent who can't is at a severe disadvantage if Thor can knock them down.
Just drop the hammer on them, and the fight's over.

An equally good question, is how can Thor negate some of Supes' advantages.

Has Supes lifted Mjolnir in the comic ?
I think he's deflected it, but could he catch it and then hold it ?
Even if he could lift it, throw it, or hit Thor with it, I doubt he could access it's magical powers.

I think we've resolved the strength issue, but I still think you should really push Thor's fighting skills. Given that Asgardians live for 1000's of years,
Thor probably has centuries more fighting experience than Supes. True, at the start of Thor, he's a bit of a dumbass who relies on brute force, but by TDW he's using Mjolnir in a much more strategic fashion.

Dude, I think you should definitely put your arguments out there in the Misc thread. The point of these threads is not to win the argument, but to share your point of view.

Regardless of what I say, you are still entitled to argue Thor's superiority, just as I'm always going to back Supes. It's just fun to have a go at these things.

Back to my earlier question, what tactics could Thor use to overcome Supes' advantages in terms of Strength, speed, invulnerability ?

( arguably Iron man is nowhere near as strong or powerful as Thor, yet held his own against the Thunder God, so it's certainly possible for Thor to do the same against Supes).

Batmannerism is offline   Reply With Quote