View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 06:09 AM   #116
balanda
Side-Kick

Default Re: What didn't you like about T:TDW?

I loved this film and just posted in the positivity thread but here's what I didn't like so much:
  • The film had less heart than the first Thor film, mostly because it didn't have time to linger, even on Frigga's death. Thor vs Loki was probably the most heart.
  • Malekith's story felt like it had been chopped - I think there was some wasted potential to focus on him in any nuanced way - instead he was just raah raah evil revenge evil revenge. That's not actually all that compelling - give us some more motive or moustache twirling! Not sure speaking in a Dark Elf tongue helped. Shame, as I love the actor, but it's not his fault.
  • Related to above, the movie rushed from one scene to the next, gotta admire its ambition, and it was cut for time very skilfully, but didn't feel as meaty.
  • Not much of a character arc for Thor, but that's kind of inevitable after the origin movie. Not sure the movie suffered all that much for it; it's a superhero movie, there's so much else going on.
  • I was pretty disappointed that Loki's betrayal was a fake-out.
  • I wasn't a huge fan of the guns vs swords awkward blending of technologies (seriously, why go for swords Asgard, even glowy ones, when guns are clearly superior), but it wasn't a big deal and I can handwave it as Rule Of Cool.
  • ...umm......

balanda is offline   Reply With Quote