View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 07:23 AM   #117
J.Howlett

Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
We disagree then because MoS so often says one thing and shows the contrary. They said a lot of things about Krypton but the only thing that they didn't contradict was that it was going to blow up. They also manage to make Clark/Superman seem less heroic at times and actually putting people in danger instead. I dont think Goyer really understands how it makes Superman look when he actually takes the superpowered fight to Smallville. These are the things that I don't think are intended and therefor it doesn't become what it's supposed to be.

If you think that TDW is paced too quickly I'd still take managing to show what's intended in quick pace over contradicting itself often. It still allows TDW to be what it wants to be. I agree that the humor lowers the impact of some things, but MoS manages to jump away from important things as well. Supes grieves for Zod a few seconds before it becomes a romantic scene, and no one cares about Metropolis being destroyed.

As for Taylor, I haven't seen anything that indicates that he's unhappy with the movie itself. He doesn't like the mid-credits scene but that's about it. Even when he criticized that he said that it's the only thing he doesn't want to take credit for. He's also said several times how the run time hasn't been an issue at all, which would indicate that your issue with the movie being fast paced is what he wanted.
Taylor doesn't like the opening prologue, which is exposition dump. He also had a give and take when it came to the humor of the picture. He said in one interview that he thought it was his job to darkening up the world and the characters but resigned himself to the idea that the Marvel films push the humor as well, more so than I think he likes it to be.

You can't just ignore the weird placement of humor through out this film. It's startling in the back half of the picture...especially when the stakes get higher and higher.

It's done for pure entertainment purposes but cuts the legs from underneath the climax which is suppose to be real, real important to the audience.

Avengers had moments like that too.