View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 07:45 AM   #120
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
Taylor doesn't like the opening prologue, which is exposition dump. He also had a give and take when it came to the humor of the picture. He said in one interview that he thought it was his job to darkening up the world and the characters but resigned himself to the idea that the Marvel films push the humor as well, more so than I think he likes it to be.

You can't just ignore the weird placement of humor through out this film. It's startling in the back half of the picture...especially when the stakes get higher and higher.

It's done for pure entertainment purposes but cuts the legs from underneath the climax which is suppose to be real, real important to the audience.

Avengers had moments like that too.
I haven't seen him say that but I'll take your word for it. He certainly seems to be one to speak his mind. Still he has said that there's only one thing he's happy not to take credit for (the mid-credits scene) so it doesn't look like a big schism.

I would certainly have enjoyed a darker version too but I don't think it ever gets to a point where the movie aspires to say one thing and it turns out the opposite. I think it has consistency. Then whether you like the humor or not is of course a personal judgement.

I could have done with a bit less Darcy in the final conflict but I still like that better than most serious endings in CMB's. I understand why some would feel different than I do though and I'm interested to see if I like it more or less on the second viewing.