View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 08:09 AM   #123
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
The Marvel or Disney interference could also explain why he doesn't want to come back. Sure there could be many things, perhaps he prefers to film TV series or something else, but I think that could be part of the reason too. I remember during the Phase I time that some people involved in making the films weren't very happy with Marvel Studios when it came to salary and freedom. Of course there is such problems in every studio, but there was alot of talk about that back in the days.

At the same time, I understand MS too. Perhaps Taylor's original ideas weren't the best, we will never know. But I feel that MS might be playing it a bit too safe, while they also are some of the most gambling studios (I mean: GotG and Ant-Man? Iron Man in the first place? That shows confidence!). A slightly darker Thor movie wouldn't hurt, and I'm not speaking about Nolan dark, but more like what the trailers made it look like. I don't even think "dark" is the right word, but a bit less fluff and more weight.
If I want to watch a dark nolan-like movie I will watch a Nolan movie, but the MCU movies being a bit darker, not so safe and a lot more serious would not hurt at all.

1)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(2)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(3)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8(4)The Lego Movie-7.5(5)Robocop-7.5(6)300:Rise Of An Empire-7