View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 10:50 AM   #120
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Default Re: What didn't you like about T:TDW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Maybe it's over the top, but I feel the same. After watching Iron Man 3, and reading that Thor 2 is basically the same, my interest for the rest of the Phase 2 Movies is waning fast. No one is asking for a Nolan treatment, just that the Movies get the balance right, just like the Phase 1 Movies did. Or like all the other Movies made by FOX and Sony at the moment. Wolverine seems to be the only Movie that got the balance right this year. It was character focused, but not void of humor. And the humor never went so far, that the Movie lost any dramatic weight.
i can remember a few scenes of good comedy and that was it, with Thor 2 i can recall a few scenes of good, a few scenes of manufactured and a few scenes of downright goofy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
Perfectly said!

Right now I'm extremely happy X-Men and Spider-Man aren't at Marvel Studios/Disney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
Yes, they've always had humour but the amount of it has increased since The Avengers and now seems to be the main focus. The only Phase I movie I see being similar in that regard is Iron Man 2, which is Marvel Studios' weakest film IMO. The other films had much more emotional weight to them than these Phase II films I think. So there's definitely been a noticeable change since The Avengers I'd say.
Agreed, since Avengers the humour has been doubled.

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote