View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 08:29 AM   #30
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

There's no question in my mind, no matter what he said within the film, that he cared deeply for Frigga. His reaction to her death and the following scene afterwards when Thor goes to see him afterwards paint that picture.

Him wanting to help Thor get rid of the Dark Elves does have to do with Frigga but I also think it has to do with Loki figuring out the situation that Thor finds himself in and takes advantage of it. Again, it's just never really clear but because he's the God of Mischief, you can assume a lot because it's clear that Loki's all about the mind games when it comes to Thor and the entire situation.

The film, sometimes, just isn't clear enough but you can make up your own assumptions in order to logically figure out how we get the ending that we get.

It's not really a flaw of the film but it kind of is.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Another good scene that establishes that is when Loki and Frigga speaks in his cell. I guess it's her doing a projection, but it could theoretically also be Loki that created it. His emotional reaction is what speaks for him rather than his words.

I don't see why the movie would be more clear on Loki's motivation. I find it very obvious that he's both after revenge and to escape the cell for his own mischievous ends, especially after seeing his heroic actions on Svartalfheim which are uncharacteristic for him. By being clearer they'd cross the line for me and they would also remove any possible worries that Loki might just betray Thor.