View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 03:00 PM   #14
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: Will Hawkeye Still be a Part of SHIELD in AoU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
SHIELD is an organization that recognizes the super-natural. I don't see them treating being possessed as being the same as drunk or stoned...at all. Hell, look at all the murder and destruction Hulk caused and they invited him on board anyways
Yeah, go ahead and tell me what "murder" Hulk caused in the movies. Hulk only targeted people --- almost invariably soldiers, mercenaries, and cops, i.e., trained professionals --- who tried to kill him; he didn't run around killing civilians. And *they* were the instigators of the violence, not Hulk. In Hawkeye's case, *he* was the bad guy who led unprovoked attacks on the Helicarrier and on a dinner party at a German museum. Huge difference behind the methodology in that, versus being a misunderstood monster on the lam from the army.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Hawkeye is one of SHIELD's top agents. They're not going to kick him out just because he got mind-controlled by a God wielding a mystical McGuffin spear that NO ONE outside of Thor was prepared for or knew how to handle. Gods and aliens are outside of his skill set, at least back then. Plus, SHIELD isn't exactly a squeaky clean organization period, so I doubt that there going to hold it against Hawkeye. They brought Black Widow in and she was an out and out villain in the past after all.
If Hawkeye can get mind-controlled once to turn on his comrades, he can get mind-controlled again. That makes him a definite security risk. Nick Fury sure as hell isn't the kind of director who'd okay that. Hell, he kept Tony Stark out of the Avenger Initiative just for his attitude, for "not playing well with others"....you think he's going to let a guy who just murdered a bunch of SHIELD agents back into the organization, mind**** or no???

Quote:
Originally Posted by InternetPeople View Post
If Hawkeye is guilty of committing a crime, then Selvig would be an accessory to those crimes and would be tried along side Hawkeye. Since we know Selvig is running around in Thor 2, I think it is safe to say Hawkeye and Selvig were cleared of any wrong doing.

Also, innocent by reason of insanity is a real thing and those who prove their insanity at the time of their crime are not held responsible for the crime. However, they would most likely be held in a psychiatric institution (almost a prison) until they are deemed sane and no longer a threat to society, however long that takes. Neither Hawkeye or Selvig would see actual jail time for their crimes.

I don't want people to hate me for the law stuff but I wanted to clarify the insanity stuff. Sorry.
Haven't seen it yet, but everything I've read says that Selvig *is* in a psychiatric institution in TDW. Yes? No?

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote