View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 02:45 PM   #17
Loki882
Side-Kick

Default Re: Will Hawkeye Still be a Part of SHIELD in AoU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Yeah, go ahead and tell me what "murder" Hulk caused in the movies. Hulk only targeted people --- almost invariably soldiers, mercenaries, and cops, i.e., trained professionals --- who tried to kill him; he didn't run around killing civilians. And *they* were the instigators of the violence, not Hulk. In Hawkeye's case, *he* was the bad guy who led unprovoked attacks on the Helicarrier and on a dinner party at a German museum. Huge difference behind the methodology in that, versus being a misunderstood monster on the lam from the army.

If Hawkeye can get mind-controlled once to turn on his comrades, he can get mind-controlled again. That makes him a definite security risk. Nick Fury sure as hell isn't the kind of director who'd okay that. Hell, he kept Tony Stark out of the Avenger Initiative just for his attitude, for "not playing well with others"....you think he's going to let a guy who just murdered a bunch of SHIELD agents back into the organization, mind**** or no???

Haven't seen it yet, but everything I've read says that Selvig *is* in a psychiatric institution in TDW. Yes? No?
ANY of them could Potentially be mind-controlled. During that scene were they were at each other's throats on the Helicarrier, Loki was messing with ALL of their heads, including Fury. So, by that logic, NO ONE should work for SHIELD, including Fury, since they ALL have the POTENTIAL to be mind-controlled. Also, Fury let Black Widow, a former terrorist and cold-blooded murderer (not exactly the most trustworthy person in the world) join SHIELD, so clearly moral ambiguity isn't a issue for him. Also, Hawkeye WAS NOT a bad guy, that's just factually incorrect. He was put under mind control by the Norse God of Trickery who was wielding a device of extraordinary power that was given to him by freaking Thanos. He was loyal before he got mind-controlled and he was loyal AFTER he was freed. He even shot an arrow at Loki's face for goodness sake and seemed to relish the idea of Loki being punisher, if that smile at the end was any indication.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote