View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 04:18 PM   #18
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Default Re: Will Hawkeye Still be a Part of SHIELD in AoU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Well, here's the thing about Hawkeye, and it's an easy out for the writers of just about any of the currently active Marvel projects:

Hawkeye killed a lot of SHIELD agents and nearly destroyed the Helicarrier.
Doesn't matter that he was under mind control at the time; that's like trying to plead innocence for committing a slew of heinous murders while you were stoned, drunk, and/or insane. In the view of the courts, he's still guilty as sin.

So a logical explanation would be that, even after playing hero at the Battle of New York, Hawkeye *would* have to stand trial for numerous murders committed in Stuttgart and on the Helicarrier. There'd be *some* leniency there, given the circumstances, and his "shot at redemption" as an Avenger would definitely be taken into consideration, but in the end, the court would have to find him guilty of at least some kind of lesser manslaughter charges.

Bottom line --- Hawkeye probably went to jail. He most definitely would've lost his "badge" and SHIELD security clearances, and SHIELD would surely consider him too much of a security risk to re-hire.

I wouldn't be surprised to see that, in AOU, the Avengers will either bail him out or flat-out jailbreak him to get him back onto the team.
For once, I actually agree with you. To me there's just too much suggesting Hawkeye won't be an Agent of SHIELD come Age of Ultron. First there's the fact he killed friends and co-workers and nearly took down the Helicarrier which is bad enough on it's own.

Second is he's the odd one out in the roster. The other five have/are all making appearances somewhere in Phase II, even Banner who doesn't have a movie. There's a chance he could cameo in Winter Soldier, but so far we've heard nothing on the Hawkeye front except for his big role in Age of Ultron.

Third, if the rumours and common fan beliefs are true then by the end of Cap 2 our heroes won't be a part of SHIELD anymore and would have gone underground. Hawkeye's friends/comrades/fellow Avengers. Would he stay with an organisation if they were hunting his friends, who he believes to be in the right?

Finally, as stated in my first point he had a God inside his head and forcing him to kill friends and endanger thousands more. That's going to psychologically **** him up. Would he still want to work for SHIELD after that? If I was him, I'd definitely take some time off or leave completely to think things through.

And I'd be right in saying that Hawkeye wasn't always a SHIELD agent in the comics, right? Was he at all in 616?

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote