Originally Posted by BigThor
1. Fighting Skills/Experience - Like you've said Thor's fighting skills and experience far surpass Superman's, plus Thor's strong and invulnerable for it to be a big factor. Even with Supes speed advantage his lack of overall fighting skills would still allow Thor to parry and dodge a few of Supes attacks.
2. Weather Control - Thor's weather control could probably be an even bigger factor than Thor's fighting skills. Thor's lighting is no laughing matter it probably trumps Supes heat vision in overall damage and power output. Besides Thor is very experienced in using it in combat unlike Supes who wasn'tvery efficient in using his heat vision. Aside from lighting Thor has access to other weather abilities such as tornadoes and forming clouds, as seen in Thor 1 he doesn't even need to perform a gesture to summon tornadoes. During the Destroyer fight Thor started forming a tornado right before he flew into the air seeming with his mind, now he does need to use Mjolnir to increase the strength of the winds
3. Mjolnir - With Mjolnir Thor should be able strike as hard as a punch from a Kryptonian, so his blows should atleast be able to send Supes flying and cause him physical pain. So a lightning charge strike fro Mjolnir should be even more damaging than the Kryptonian punches. Not only that but Mjolnir could come into play if Supes manages to over power Thor since it's able to fly on it's own and and it could come up behind Supes knocking him down as Thor gets up and proceed to get the apprehend. In the MCU no one is able to.lift or wield Mjolnir besides Thor or Odin so for the sake of adhering to what we know so far Supes won't be able to. I've heard you say you've think Supes is strong enough to atleast lift it physically and that just doesn't make sense if Avenger Hulk wasn't strong enough to budge why would MOS Supes be able to since he's done nothing to show that he's stronger than Avenger Hulk.
1) I will concede that Thor's fighting skills would make up for Supes' speed (especially as he's terrible at using it). We certainly differ on how big the difference is in the characters' strength and invulnerability. I still believe that Superman is significantly stronger and tougher than Thor (although if Thor throws a train, or gets hit by one and isn't even scratched I'll change my mind). On that note, I still think Supes is stronger than the Hulk (although perhaps not as strong as Hulk's pants, because nothing can destroy them). You're not going to like this, but I base this on how Hulk fared against Thor (the only super-strong opponent we see in the film). Hulk was clearly stronger than Thor, so even if Supes were the same strength as the Hulk, that would still make him stronger than Thor.
2) Weather control: Probably not as big an advantage as you might think.
Given that in MOS Supes was able to fly up, against a gravity beam, and away from a collapsing black hole - winds, even tornado strength are pretty much nothing compared to that, so I can't see them giving him too much trouble.
We still disagree on the heat vision thing. I'm going with the dude who posted that Supes' heat vision (to liquefy steel instantly) would be comparable to a nuclear blast. Sorry, Thor's lightning doesn't even come close to that, powerful though it is - also, consider it might have brought down the space whale's by shorting out their power systems. It certainly didn't liquefy them. The other thing, is that Supes is much better at using his heat vision than Zod was (having had a lot more practice) he's shown a lot of control and skill with it (in MOS).
Given what I saw in MOS a concentrated blast of heat vision would do a lot more damage to Thor than a bolt of lightning would to Supes. Having said that, Thor could probably block heat vision with Mjolnir.
3) Mjolnir: This would be the great leveller in terms of punching power, I'm not so sure Thor's punches would hurt Supes by themselves, but Mjolnir probably would - but having said that, it didn't KO the Hulk either.
Still, not sure this would be enough. However, I had a look at JLA/Avengers, and I will concede (because I admit it when I'm wrong), while Superman could lift Mjolnir, while the spell on it allowed him to,
afterwards he couldn't. It would depend on how you interpret worthy,
some people suggest Supes in the comics isn't worthy as he doesn't kill his enemies, and Mjolnir is meant to kill giants (actually I think Walt Simonson said that, and who am I to argue with him). Of course MOS supes, does KILL his enemies when he has no other choice, so I'd say there's a 50/50 chance he could lift it - but no way he could access it's powers.
Out of interest, which poll option did you click ? I'm guessing it's one of the Thor wins ones, but was it Thor hammers Supes into oblivion or Thor wins barely.
I picked Supes wins barely - probably influenced by JLA/Avengers, where Supes does defeat Thor, but only just (and then all the Marvel superheroes in the world attack him at once in retaliation). I like to think that I have been somewhat balanced, in that I admit all of Thor's advantages, but at the end of the day, I still believe Supes would be too much for him.
Although we fundamentally disagree on a few things, I have enjoyed your arguments on Thor's behalf. I don't think either of us is going to change our minds, but that's not what this thread is about. Thanks for all your posts .
BTW here's some stuff from JLA/Avengers
(although for me and the rest of the Supes fans, it takes Hercules, Wonderman, she-hulk, vision and Iron man all at once to keep him down,
after he's just fought and taken out Thor. So, even if you feel bad that Thor lost, you should feel vindicated that all of Thor's buddies kick the **** out of Supes to make up for it. See what I mean about Thor not fighting alone !
And also, when it's all over, they all end up friends.