View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 07:02 AM   #964
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Default Re: "You ready for another Bout?"- The Thor/Chris Hemsworth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by horacethegrey View Post
Hugh Jackman plays himself as Wolverine? That's got to be the strangest thing anyone's ever said about his performance. Wolverine is an anti social, rude, angry and rebellious wildman. Hugh Jackman on the other hand, is a friendly, charming, and all around nice dude. How is he playing himself as Logan?
The Wolverine of the films has his standout "anti-social" and rude moments, the best being in First Class. But a wildman isn't that well groomed.

He spends a lot of his time being charming and friendly. He is more handsome romantic lead, a charming rogue then an angry, dangerous animal. He is pretty much the haunted soul that many a woman want to "help". Look how they write his relationship with Jean and Rogue. The closest we got to a real Logan relationship was Mariko in The Wolverine, but even that went more conventional.

It isn't really his fault, just like I don't feel like it is RDJ's fault. That is how the characters are written. Both version work very well on the big screen and have become fan favorites, and I am included in those fans.