View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 07:18 AM   #967
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Default Re: "You ready for another Bout?"- The Thor/Chris Hemsworth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by horacethegrey View Post
Nah man, I don't see it. I'll agree that Downey incorporates too much of his trademark mannerisms in his portrayal of Tony Stark and Sherlock Holmes. But Hugh as Logan? I think the guy is pretty versatile in that he can play a angry mutant (Wolverine), an time displaced English duke (Kate and Leopold), and a amoral magician (The Prestige), all differently and with conviction.
You mention Downey's mannerism because they are obvious, but he clearly plays Stark and Sherlock differently. The thing I am talking about is the characters general demeanor and actions. Tony is an *******. RDJ's version isn't.

With Jackman, how is he more angry mutant then romantic lead? It is only when he is chopping people like in the mansion in X2 or the "duel" in The Wolverine where I really feel like, yeah, that is Logan.

On the flipside, Hemsworth Thor feels ripped from the comics, and at atleast two different points in his life. Pre and post Earth Thor are perfect representations of the character and I think Hemsworth nails that.