View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 08:55 AM   #969
horacethegrey
Side-Kick

Default Re: "You ready for another Bout?"- The Thor/Chris Hemsworth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
You mention Downey's mannerism because they are obvious, but he clearly plays Stark and Sherlock differently. The thing I am talking about is the characters general demeanor and actions. Tony is an *******. RDJ's version isn't.

With Jackman, how is he more angry mutant then romantic lead? It is only when he is chopping people like in the mansion in X2 or the "duel" in The Wolverine where I really feel like, yeah, that is Logan.

On the flipside, Hemsworth Thor feels ripped from the comics, and at atleast two different points in his life. Pre and post Earth Thor are perfect representations of the character and I think Hemsworth nails that.
Ah. So what you're getting at is how close their performance is to their comic counterparts? I can understand that. For me though, I like to keep the comic and movie interpretations of a certain character separate. Both are equally viable, and both have their pros and cons.

But strictly speaking, I much prefer the cinema versions over the comic ones in this case. RDJ's sarcastic and devil may care take on Tony Stark is miles better over the overtly serious and angsty one in the comics for me. Same thing with Hugh as Logan. His humanistic portrayal of Wolvie has me feeling and sympathizing for the character in ways that the comic version never did.

Chris Hemsworth as Thor though, I'd have to give slight edge to Chris in this case. I like the comic version well enough, but the movie Thor is a much more real and fully formed character for me.

horacethegrey is offline   Reply With Quote