View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 10:22 AM   #64
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: MCU: Your Thoughts About The Infinity Stones (SPOILERS INSIDE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajpro View Post
Wasn't staff separated from Tesseract in the beginning of the Avengers? Yet it was able to work with the Cube and teleport Loki from the other end of the universe. Or it was just the Tesseract locating random demigod in random period of time and teleporting him in front of the Cube? I won't agrue with Feige though, but untold things can be turned whatever way they needed.
We don't see what Loki is up to on the "other side" --- presumably Thanos' throne --- at the beginning of Avengers, so we can't say for sure whether the Spear had any power at that point. I've always assumed that Loki teleported *himself* into the JDEM/SHIELD lab, since he's known to have the "plane-walking" ability. Then, once the Spear was in the same room as the Tesseract, it absorbed its power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
If you look starting at 2:01 and especially at 2:11 of this video, you can see Cap's shield in close proximity to the Skull as the energy of the Tesseract builds around him. Does anyone think Cap's shield was possibly bathed in cosmic radiation? If so, I wonder if that would become significant in the future.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Could be. Would definitely give writers an excuse to give the shield --- and Cap, for that matter --- some uber powers, if they wanted to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cph9fa View Post
Well, the Tesseract is a doorway to the other end of space, right? Doors open from both sides.

I wonder if this means there's a second cube, linked to the first, in Thanos' possession... Which raises questions about the fate of a certain other villain.
I wouldn't think Thanos has the/*a* Tesseract (yet). That was his (alleged) motive in the Avengers --- he wanted Loki to give him the Cube in exchange for a mercenary army. When Loki's plan fell through, and Thanos still didn't have the Cube, he probably started his plan to make good on his "no barren moon" threat in hunting Loki down.

BTW, spoiler-tag it, but for those of you who've already seen TDW, did we see the Tesseract in that movie, and learn what they did with it after they took it back to Asgard?

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote