View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 12:39 AM   #27
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Cap's had many great storylines over the years. While the comic storyline of the serum killing Steve Rogers and making weak was poorly executed, on film that might make an interesting 3rd film. Winter Soldier's trailer indicates possibly using elements of Cap being an enemy of the state, so that probably is out. You can use many of Mark Waid's stories from his Cap run instead. Cap has a lot of untapped potential without going with Fallen Son/Return of Steve Rogers this early.
With the energy shield? It would be much along the lines of Iron Man 3, where we take away the character's abilities to prove they are still everything they are supposed to be without their powers. But I don't know, I'm not too familiar with Waid's run. Not sure that it can be too early for Fallen/Return if Winter Soldier is already around. I feel like a lesser story would just be stalling and possibly mean doing the story with someone other than Evans, which would dramatically lessen the impact.