View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 07:26 AM   #69
Crassus

Default Re: MCU: Your Thoughts About The Infinity Stones (SPOILERS INSIDE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Interesting concept....I like it.
If it's true, it would mean that Thanos has the Mind Stone already, accounting for three of them (Mind, Space, and maybe Power for Aether...?).

I still think CATWS would be a logical place to put the Time Stone, since an already observable theme deals with the past versus the present.
I don't think Thanos needs to have the mind stone. He might, but it's possible that the various infinity stones are naturally linked with each other anyway (as is sometimes the case in the comics), and that Thanos understands enough about them to build a device that could draw on limited amounts of their powers through the space stone. Possibly he focused on the mind stone because it would help Loki in his task without making him too powerful.

It could also make the Tesseract possibly the most important one, insofar as if one had the Tesseract and understood enough about it they might be able to use it as a shortcut to transport himself to the other stones, or even summon them to him, but now that the Tesseract is locked away safely in Asgard, Thanos needs to get them the hard way.

I dunno if we'll see the time stone in CATWS. Marvel doesn't seem to be in any hurry to introduce the stones and there's plenty of time untill Avengers 3. I find it unlikely that there would be another stone on Earth to be honest, given that the Asgardians seem to be against keeping them together, and the Tesseract was hidden on earth for so long.

Crassus is offline   Reply With Quote