View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 09:07 AM   #18
Super Jim
Side-Kick

Default Re: We Need an X-Factor film

^ It's not that I don't like Yost's, Remender's or Hopeless' work; just that I believe in the whole origin stories being shown. I've always wanted to see how the team is formed and then see it changed. I also want them to stick somewhat to the actual stories and characters.

This is one of my main issues with the way this whole X-Men movie universe has been done. For example, wouldn't it have been great to have started with the actual original X-Men of Cyclops, Beast, Angel, Iceman and Marvel Girl? I think so...

Wouldn't it have been really cool to see Cyclop's brother and girlfriend join the team?

Wouldn't it have been amazing to see this team get in some sort of trouble, being captured, and Xavier forming a new, international team of Wolverine, Storm, Nightcrawler, Collosus, Sunfire, Banshee and Thunderbird to save them.

Wouldn't it have then been cool to see the original team break off to form X-Factor?

Wouldn't it have been cool to see that X-Factor fall apart and then a new government controlled group, with Cyclops' brother leading it?

Hopefully you get what I'm saying...

If they just go with the Fantomex, X-23, Wolverine, Deadpool, etc. version the story will just be out there hanging and it will come off more as a one-shot, and likely that's what it will end up being.

See, the whole Avengers movie universe got it right. Have character stories featuring certain members and then form the team, go back and have individual member stories, and then come back together... Perfect!

The X-Men could have done this too... If they had done it right they could have had the X-Men, the New Mutants and then X-Force, X-Factor and X-Calibre all out there with a huge cross over story after each group has a movie or two. But the more they have wrecked the timeline and the original stories, the more this type of X-Universe is unlikely!

Super Jim is online now   Reply With Quote