View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 09:50 AM   #12
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Default Re: IF Wolverine 3 happens,what should be the story of that movie?

The list was not the best. Old Man Logan would not be a possibility considering that it is contingent on having the entire MU at its disposal. The Savage Wolverine is not an option as Shanna the She Devil would not translate to the screen. Namely, the feminists would become with enraged with having a woman in a bikini running around for the entire film. Taking away the Jungle Woman aspect of the character - which has its roots in the exploitation films of the 70's and 80's, as well as some of the literature by Edgar Rice Burroughs-destroys the character, since it is built partly upon a novelty. And the Mystique/Wolverine storyline could not be fully adapted due to timeline issues; the writer mentions the two having past experiences together, but FC's timeline jettisons that possibility.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote