View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 06:50 PM   #77
Batmannerism
Side-Kick

Th Smile Re: Thor (from TDW) vs Superman (from MOS) who wins in a fight, and why ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Are you serious? Clearly the military helped Superman in his fight against Namek and Faora, I agree that it would've ended similarly to Thor vs Kurse. Also Kurse and Thor's fight was obviously much shorter than Supes vs the kryptonians. I'm sure if they intended for that scene to be longer Thor would've eventually recovered, clearly he didn't have enough time before Loki intervened. Yes you can save Loki saved Thor just like the military saved Supes, but they had no control over those situations so it shouldn't be held against them.

How in the hell was Thor on the defensive against Hulk when he "punched him", "uppercut with Mjolnir", and that "flying knee" before Thor choked him. Hulk didn't slam Thor around like a rag doll, he slammed him.once and threw him wowww big woo, oh and Superman dodged jet fire during the smallville fight so Thor dodging jet fire is a moot point.
Sigh. Interestingly when people give evidence in court, no two people see the same thing - I know this from experience.

Not being a Superman fan you may not have seen MOS that many times, but anyway, you might recall "Engage all targets" "What about the guy in blue ?"
"Engage all targets" before the military open fire on Superman as well, so saying they helped him doesn't seem quite right. IN fact, cannon fire from the helicopter bounces off his head - not very helpful there. It's hard to allege the military saved Superman, as they were shooting at him too. When he fights Nam Ek one on one, they are both in a hail of bullets.

Now, come on. You're saying that in respect of Thor v Kurse

Quote:
I'm sure if they intended for that scene to be longer Thor would've eventually recovered, clearly he didn't have enough time before Loki intervened
Dude there's a fine line between extrapolating facts from evidence (like Thor's lightning taking out those whales, while I disagree on whether it's as powerful as heat vision, I have to agree that it certainly appeared very powerful and would probably hurt Superman)....and on the other hand, just making stuff up.

I think you are dangerously close to crossing that line, if you are starting to second guess what the filmmakers intended, and again, if that were true, Loki wouldn't need to step in, which made his "sacrifice " unnecessary.

Did you watch how the Thor vs Hulk fight ends? As the jet pulls up and the guy raises his visor, the Hulk slams Thor to the floor, cut to inside the helicarier where he's holding Thor in one hand and chucks him across the room. Thor looks a bit groggy there, and then he wisely ducks and covers from the cannon fire.

Sadly, I feel we have reached probably the limit of our debate. However, you must be praised for your valiant efforts in defence of the Thunder God. Go back to Asgard and have a beer with the warriors three, if you feel like you made your point, then you can consider that a victory.

Best of luck to you. I look forward to Thor's next film appearance.

Batmannerism is offline   Reply With Quote