View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 01:14 AM   #18
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: The Double Standards Against Superman

@ Hopefuldreamer

Aw shucks, I definitely appreciate you taking the time to respond to my super long post.

I can definitely understand where you're coming from regarding the film. The truth of the matter is, there isn't that many "Happy" or even "Positive" moments within the film for Superman or the story for that matter.

Many people die, with a lot of them being those close or associated with Superman. And the character is always thrown under a bus when it comes to problems and obstacles after having made his way out of a previous one

I do hope that the next film finds a better balance in being able to tell a happier story for Superman while not sacrificing the drama for cheap laughs.

You know what's funny, regarding the visual impact of kids seeing Superman snap Zod's neck... the weird thing is that we've seen someone as "good" as Captain America who threw a man into the blade of an fighter plane and another man to his death from the hellcarrier, but I never recalled hearing any parents saying that it came off as too dark for them.

Honestly, I think the fact that Superman being Superman can work against him because like others have said, he's been so revered for so long in one way or another that it's just hard seeing him in positions where he seems fallible and where he doesn't have an answer for everything.

I do hope that the next film also further establishes him as the hero that the world will come to love and admire like Jor-el mentioned.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote