View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 07:28 AM   #865
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Well I really hope this rumored ending is not true. And its not even about ignoring previous film. But the thought of
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Professor X and Magneto living peacefully with each other just seems so cheesey.
Unless Wolverine wakes up in a time prior to the OT, then:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
You could have Xavier/Magneto working together in the 70's and 80's before falling out again in a FC3, which would set up the OT. However, if it is older Xavier/Magneto together in the mansion, and Famke and Marsden are cameo'ed, then the OT is pretty much gone from cannon

If the trilogy is wiped out, I think you can still preserve Origins, parts of X2, and The Wolverine. As long as Stryker lives after 1973, he would have found Wolverine in the 80's and manipulated him with Kayla to have him undergo adamantium bonding (assuming Logan loses recollection of the original timeline). Then Stryker could still carry out his nefarious plan in X2, and Jean could still die in those events. Should Jean return again in an altered timeline as her older self, then it is likely she never died regardless of Stryker's plot. Also, with The Wolverine, the grandfather still would want to pay his debt to Logan only to then backstab him. So while Wolverine may not feel the remorse of Jean's death, he could have still fallen for Mariko and those events go largely unchanged.

Then I think X-Force can work as a prequel to DoFP in the original timeline or just as a stand alone. I also think Wolverine 3 will be in the new timeline if the rumor is correct.

Last edited by Mr.M; 11-07-2013 at 08:12 AM.