View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 12:23 AM   #450
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 10

I think the added layer of this film being a political thriller and really a commentary on the current state of America will make it much more reverent than Avengers and in that way I think it will connect with people more. It looks so grounded while also retaining the comic book-y stuff with the helicarriers and Falcon flying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
I personally believe that the best marvel movies are the ones with a director that is passionate about the material and is given creative freedom to make the film they want to.

The Russos are really talented guys, and you can tell they are fans of Cap. Plus, they clearly have the desire to prove themselves in a new genre. No rumblings about them butting heads with producers / behind the scenes dramas, either.

Should be a great film, and not simply an entertaining one.
Definitely. Marvel hired them because they were big fans of Cap and they even said they owned $50000 worth of comics. They had a very clear vision of what they wanted to do coming onto the project. I don't think Taylor had that with Thor. They were fans of it before being brought onto the movie and I think they will do a great job of telling the Cap story we all want. And it'll be the same thing with Gunn on GOTG.

Last edited by Mr. Dent; 11-08-2013 at 12:26 AM.