View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 02:07 AM   #295
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

Default Re: The CA:TWS Teaser Trailer (10/24/13) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Well the elevator scene wasn't the best venue for judging that since it was very close quarter and Cap was hampered a lot of it to where he couldn't move well. I will say that it was a very brutal fight with Cap slamming guys into elevator glass with his bare hands and literally kicking the **** out of guys when they try and pin him to a wall with a magnet cuff. The atmosphere was also great and I can already see the Russo's will be masterful at interweaving comedy into it without impeding on the serious tone. Rumlow says "it's nothing personal" as he proceeds to hit Cap with some electric knife and after Cap slams him into the top of the elevator he says "it sure does feel personal" as he flips up his shield. That killed the audience.

Anyway, while the elevator scene isn't a good way to judge his movements, we did see some very brief glimpses of scenes that show how they've changed how Cap moves. I think one of them was at that ship carrier and we see Cap jump over a stairwell and start cutting guys down and they showed a scene of him flipping while fighting someone. You can clearly tell just from those two really brief scenes that they've made him much more agile, nimble, and fluent in his movement,.
Thanks for the description. Since I brought the tickets to see Thor in 2D tomorrow, I can't see this footage, but it seems like it's really awesome. The more I read about the unnecessary comedy and that Intern guy in TDW, the more pessimistic I felt about the movie I'm going to see tomorrow, and I hope TWS will not fall into the same mistake that Thor 2 has made.

Btw, I usually get tired watching the same trailer over and over, but this teaser trailer seems to get better every time. I hope the movie will be equally as good, and I have a feeling that it will be one of the very best movies Marvel has ever produced.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is online now   Reply With Quote