View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 10:39 AM   #95
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Default Re: Superman vs Batman movie to feature Wonder Woman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
I look at this as a film maker first and foremost, and that's why i know it can work, this is cinema, not reality, it's allways about how you present the story, and looking at it like this too it just feels like doing that to Wonder Woman is losing a lot of potencial and limiting her more and more, the way of thinking with WW you're trying to advocate only makes sence in the eyes of somebody who wants to see MoS v.2 over and over again.

These type of discussion have been done since forever, from The Avengers or Justice League not working due to all the different elements to Thor not being able to be set in the same universe as Iron Man, it has been proven over and over again that it's not the case, the potencial is endless, you can go as far as where you think you can go.
You have to follow the rules set up in previous movies, lets be honest, Man of Steel was never intended to be a wider universe - that is fact, no one can deny this. Iron Man was always the starting point for a much larger universe. It's not comparable because it's not intentionally trying to be anything other than a superhero movie. We have a specific world set up in MoS, it's a Sci-fi world, we've got rules set up from that film, you can't just ignore them. That is what you have to think about first and foremost with any follow movie, you have to then build any new stories and characters around that world previously created. If people don't like the idea that's fine, but if I'm a screen writer I know the best place to start is by adapting a character to fit the MoS world not the other way around, because ultimately you get cohesiveness and a much better launching pad for a better story. The usual fan response is 'if it's done handled correctly' - I'm sorry but even the best screen writers can't always handle something correctly because sometimes it's just too cumbersome to adapt. I take note that no-ones bothered to bring up any faults with the idea I posted, other than it's lazy, which it frankly isn't.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
jmc is online now   Reply With Quote