View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 03:24 PM   #593
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Default Re: Thor 2: Rotten Tomato Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
Bad reviews often correlate with how well sequels end up doing, not just how well the original movie does. Batman Begins is one example, it did poorly at the box office (~350 million), probably the legacy of Batman and Robin. But word of mouth built over several years that "actually, it was really good", then when Dark Knight came out, 1 billion dollars. Tomb Raider is the opposite case.

Marvel is building a franchise. Every good movie helps their future films make profits, and every bad movie undermines that effort.
I don't disagree with you at all. Surely Marvel or Warner Brothers (MOS lackluster reviews and huge second weekend plunge) or any company is not HAPPY with lackluster reviews. You are talking to someone whom thinks that the only reason Iron Man 3 didn't drop from Iron Man 2 is because of the Avengers proping it up. Marvel should definitely care about the reception of The Dark World.

I haven't been in the review thread yet so I don't know what the Hyper's who didn't like the film think the problems with it are. As a matter of fact the only review I have read is Devin Faraci's positive one on BadAss Digest. But I take him with a grain of salt now.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
I SEE SPIDEY is offline   Reply With Quote