View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 06:52 PM   #92
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Default Re: Which film is better? Thor or Thor: the Dark World?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
The First Avenger is my favorite Marvel Studios film so far. The more I watch it, the more I love it.
I didnt like it for a long time, I watched it about 5 times and could never get into it at all, then I saw Avengers, and watched Cap again, and loved it, and have loved it more since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Hmmm I'm not a big fan of the First Avengers and its not really a hard movie to top but I'm not expecting The Winter Soldier to better simply because Marvel Studios failed with Iron Man 2/Thor 2 topping its predecessors.
Yeah, MS seem to have trouble making sequels that bettered the 1st movies, which is a shame, I personally think its because they arent aiming high enough with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
Very debatable.
I was talking about the critical receptions they got and my own personal views, hence why I started with "I personally." I realise not everyone will share my views of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzle View Post
Technically The Avengers is a sequel, and that was better received and many consider it to be better than the Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and The Incredible Hulk solo films.
Yeah TA is technically a sequel, as it furthered the stories of each character, but at the same time it didnt really develop them and their worlds on an individual lever, so I was just talking about the direct sequels from Marvel so far.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote