View Single Post
Old 11-09-2013, 01:50 AM   #125
weezerspider
Side-Kick

Default Re: Write-A-Scene for the Superman/Batman movie

int. war room day

Several high ranking military officials stand in a war room, watching several large television monitors. One shows news footage of GENERAL ZOD and SUPERMAN battling in Metropolis. Another shows LEX LUTHOR giving a speech with a headline below him. The headline reads: LUTHOR CALLS SUPERMAN A MENACE. GENERAL, three officers and VICE PRESIDENT stand around a war table. The general turns to the Vice President and hands him a stack of papers.

GENERAL

Well...

VICE PRESIDENT

(looking at the files)

Do you think Luthor is right?

General

Superman would be a near unstoppable threat if he decided to turn on America.

VICE PRESIDENT

Would he turn on America?

General

I don't know.

VICE PRESIDENT

(looks up from the files)

You never answered my first question. Do you think Luthor is right?

The General doesn't answer. He stands still for a moment, choosing his words wisely. Vice President looks at him, waiting for an answer.

General

Sir. I believe Luthor could be right...But I don't know for certain.

VICE PRESIDENT

(looks back down at the papers)

That doesn't help us General. It is true that Superman took out half of Metropolis in his war with Zod, is it not?

General

Yes sir, that is true.

VICE PRESIDENT

(looks up)

I know it is. I know a loose cannon when I see one and that (points at the screen) is a loose cannon. He's out of control there, with a complete disregard for any civilians.

General

With all due respect sir, without Superman, Zod would have succeeded and we'd all be dead.

VICE PRESIDENT

Yes and I'm thankful for that, but that doesn't mean he isn't a possible future threat to The United States. The U.S.S.R helped us defeat the goddamn Nazi's, but that didn't make them our allies after the war. Who's to say Superman won't do to us what he did to Zod.

General

Sounds like you don't need my advice on the situation sir.

VICE PRESIDENT

Yes, I guess you are correct, General. I've made up my mind and The President has made up his. We will immediately begin to prepare our troops for the threat known as Superman.

A young soldier in the room looks at the General and the Vice President confused.

Officer 1

But sir, you've seen what he does. He rips through buildings like they're paper. We have no way of stopping him.

Batman

I have a way of stopping him

BATMAN's voice startles the men as the turn to the corner of the war room. A figure appears from shadows, in black and dark grey armor. It is The Batman. Batman approaches the war room table.

General

Who the hell are you?

Batman

I'm Batman.

Officer 1

You're real!

GENERAL

What do you mean real?

Vice President

There's been an urban legend for years in Gotham City about a bat-like creature who hunts criminals and hands them his own vigilante-style justice. He's a nobody.

Batman

The White House has heard of me? I'm flattered.

VICE PRESIDENT

You're a vigilante. You've committed more crimes than the people you've harrassed and left bloody and beaten for the cops!

Batman

(ignoring Vice President)

I can stop Superman.

General

How?

Batman pulls a large, glowing, green rock out from his cape and drops it on the table.

Batman

With this.

VICE PRESIDENT

What the hell is that?

Batman

Some sort of debris from Superman's planet.

VICE PRESIDENT

How'd you get to that conclusion?

Batman looks over to the Vice President, annoyed.

Batman

I have my ways.

General

Why would something from his own planet harm him?

Batman

I'm not quite sure. However, I know it will harm him.

General

How can you be so sure?

Batman

Zod's ship. His machinery. It all harmed him. Almost killed him.

The General looks at Batman with a blank face.

Batman

I read it in your files.

General

How'd you-

Batman

(ignoring The General)

This rock will have the same effect.

VICE PRESIDENT

Enough of this ****! We can't trust you. You're a lunitic in a mask. For all we know, you made all of this up! There's no way any one man could have discovered all of this.

Batman

No one man could have stopped the serial killer known as The Joker's mass poisioning that hit Gotham and most of the East Coast. You managed to keep the exact details of what you and the brilliant people at Washington called a 'plague' out of my hands for six months. SIX months and you weren't any closer to finding a cure. A friend in Gotham's D.A. Office finally got me everything I needed. I cracked Joker's plague in twenty-four hours. I'm all you've got. I'm all you need.

GENERAL

How do we know for sure we can trust you?

Batman

You can't, but you have no other choice.

The Vice President looks at the rock and then turns to Batman frustrated

VICE PRESIDENT

Harvey Dent got you those files-

The men of the room are surprised to find that Batman is gone, without a trace.