View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013, 04:37 AM   #110
roach
I am the night

Default Re: David S. Goyer IS the Script Writer! - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
Maybe people think Superman, as the greatest, most radiant, pure, archetypal essence of superhero should be held to a higher standard.

Maybe, anyway.
It's funny because I just got done watching All Star Superman and their were moments in his fight with Lex where he is thrown through buildings…the same thing happened in the Justice League cartoons…where there is mass destruction. I don't get why it's an issue here.

and I get that Superman is held to a higher standard but I still feel it's hypocritical that we have devoted so much time discussing the right and wrong of Superman killing and yet praise the Iron Man movies which killed it's villains all three times. We blame Loki and the Chitauri for the destruction in NY but we blame Superman for the actions of his villains. We open our minds to all manner of interpretations of the Marvel characters (let's face it Captain America is probably the only Marvel hero that acts like his comic book counter part…maybe Black Widow…Hawkeye wasn't douchey enough)…yet Superman must be locked into this stone set of ideals that we have for him. We allow Marvel to interpret as they like and then fault Superman for not behaving like he did in Action Comics #237.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan