View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013, 07:34 AM   #132
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Default Re: Which film is better? Thor or Thor: the Dark World?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
I think THOR has a ton of more charm and character to it than TDW, and that pains me because I was so looking forward to it. I just can't give the film any edge over THOR except in the production design/sfx department, but if I don't care about who and what is transpiring in an imagined world or worlds I just can't give that a pass, ya know? And thus is the case here. I just did not care, and felt very disengaged from the characters. Loki was entertaining, but that was a given, and disappointing because I wanted to be entertained by Thor and his allies more than his brother in a film with his name on it.
I wouldnt say I didnt care what was happening to the characters in TDW, I just didnt care as much as the 1st movie. TDW just had an emotional detachment to it for me, following what are supposed to be hugely emotional scenes with humerous ones minutes later obviously didnt help.

The 1st movie had plenty of humour, but its big and dramatic moments were left to breathe and in doing so had much more impact than the ones in the sequel.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9(4)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)300:ROAE-7(15)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(16)47 Ronin-6(17)Monuments Men-5(18)Ride Along-5(19)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote