View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013, 07:47 AM   #31
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Default Re: Comparing the movies Thor and Man of Steel

What Batmannerism and I posted are very different in content. I don't know how it would be parroting unless you were gonna ignore what a lot of what I wrote...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
He says that he and Lara couldn't leave because they were products of Krypton, not because it wasn't physically possible. Since they actively go against pretty much everything Krypton stood for I don't see how they are products of it, let alone unable to change when they came to a new planet.

It would have been better to explain it like you did imo, that it wasn't possible to escape with a ship large enough to take all three of them.
Did you really read what I wrote? They clearly don't go against what Krypton stood for. They did what their society breed them to do. They did exactly what Zod and the council were doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
I just mentioned it as an example where they have Superman do bad things. For me he is an extremely selfless hero so I would rather have preferred him to do what he could to get the fight away from Smallville (and Metropolis) but fail to do so and let the opponent(s) get the upper hand because he focuses more on saving others than himself.
You are applying prime Silver Age Superman to MoS Superman, which makes little sense in context imo. This is a rookie Superman who is forced into a situation where he must face arguably his most fearsome opponent other then Darkseid or Doomsday. Forced into a situation where he must choice to end his race or save Earth.

Last edited by DarthSkywalker; 11-10-2013 at 07:55 AM.
DarthSkywalker is online now   Reply With Quote